Change Your Name

If you need to officially change your name to your Emory employee record, follow these steps.

Steps to Changing Your Name

You should notify your department HR Rep as soon as possible after your name changes. An updated electronic Form I-9 is required by the Federal government to verify identity and employment eligibility.

Here are the steps to making an official name change at Emory:

  1. Present your Social Security Card or receipt from the Social Security Administration to your department HR Rep.
  2. The HR Rep will then complete Section III of the electronic Form I-9 and scan/attach a copy of the Social Security Card or receipt via Emory's Pre-Start System.
  3. You can update your marital status on your tax forms, W-2 (Federal withholding) and G-4 (Georgia Withholding), through Self-Service (go to Payroll and Compensation).

Log in to Self-Service

Benefits Changes

If your marital status has changed, you may also need to make changes to your benefits.

View Information on Making Benefits Changes