Proper use of equipment
The equipment orientation is another complimentary session that we encourage our members to utilize. This session is designed to educate each member on how to properly use the equipment that we have at the Blomeyer Health Fitness Center at Emory.
This orientation is a personal session with one of our Wellness Associates. This is your opportunity to utilize our complimentary workout cards that our Wellness Associate will assist you with so that you can better perform and record your future workouts.
- The Wellness Associate will talk with you about your past workout history (if any) and any injuries or health problems that we may need to be aware of before starting the Equipment Orientation.
- What would you like to get out of the fitness center? Why did you join the fitness center? Where do you start? How do you start?
- During your fitness consultation, you will have the opportunity to learn how to use any of our cardiovascular equipment. We want you to feel comfortable using any machine that you desire.
- We also encourage our members to participate in strength training activities as part of their workouts. Resistance training is a very important part of any balanced workout regimen to not only tone muscles, but to increase bone density as well. Safety is one of our main concerns when working with resistance exercises.
- We are fortunate to have state-of-the-art Cybex equipment. This line of equipment allows individuals of all levels to get a great workout on the same machines. We also have a full line of dumbbells and free weights to enhance your workout. We will determine the proper number of sets and repetitions for your particular workout.
- One area that is most often neglected in a workout program is stretching. This is probably one of the most important components to a well-balanced and successful workout plan. In order to achieve your goals, you need to stay healthy. Proper stretching can decrease risk of injury, increase range of motion, and decrease soreness.