History

1997 - present

The Earle B. & Stephanie S. Blomeyer Health Fitness Center opened its door on September 2nd 1997, just a little over two weeks after the 1525 Clifton Road building officially opened. The Blomeyer Health Fitness Center is a vital presence at Emory because of the vision and generosity of two major benefactors to Emory health sciences.

Mr. and Mrs. Blomeyer believe that individuals should take responsibility for the prevention of illness through diet, exercise and stress reduction. They also believe that good health must be a partnership between the individuals and healthcare providers. The Earle B. and Stephanie S. Blomeyer Health Fitness Center is a tangible expression of these beliefs.

BHFC members (whose number has grown from about 600 when the center opened to about 1400 today) can enjoy the view the Atlanta skyline as well as a number of fitness and related amenities.